Saturday, September 12, 2009

Over 90 and still smiling.

I have 2 lovely aunts both over 90. Above is Aunty B. She was my mother's older sister and was born in 1914. It is such a pleasure visiting with her. She broke her hip a few years ago and then the nurses dropped her and they decided to just take it out so now she is confined to a wheelchair. But her eyes, ears and mind are so good and she enjoys life so much. Most of her days are spent reading.
Cousin Eva Lou and I visiting with the 2 aunts. Below she is with her mother who is the other aunt over 90. She was married to my father's older brother who died last year. Now she lives alone and still drives her car. Eva Lou and her brother Kenny live near her and check up on her daily.

Here are the 2 lovely aunts. Below you can see she is holding old photos I found while helping Dad clean out his room. She enjoyed taking this trip back in time and it was great learning more about our family. That is her father's and my grandfather's portrait on her lap.

No comments: