Monday, September 7, 2009

Kamakura Beach

I'm skipping ahead now to being back in Japan. I'll return with photos of more of my summer soon. We visited Kamakura and went to the beach with some of Andy's friends. We chose a spot and set up our tent. Later we looked at our neighbor on the beach (it was quite crowded) and the rest of our party recognized this family as the famous violinist with his actress wife and 2 kids.
They were enjoying same as everyone else. Playing in the sand making a Mt Fuji and then jumping on it to feel it crash. I was so impressed that even though everyone knew them, no one bothered them. They could enjoy their day and family without being hounded for autographs and photos.

Here were our friends kids and their sand project. The oldest kid is Waka's father and pastor of the Kamakura SDA church. Below is the result of being bitten by some nasty squid I think. Several people had bites but none as terrible as this little girl. I caught a few waves on the body board, but never got bit.

No comments: