Friday, November 14, 2008

Luncheon in Yokohama

I spent the night in Kamakura with my son and then the next morning took the train into Yokohama to meet with a bunch of AFWJ long term members for lunch.  We have a set lunch in the Fall, and this year I think we had a record turn out.  Above I'm between a friend from Kansai on the left and my golf partner on the right with another Chibaite on the far right.  To join our group you have to have lived in Japan over 20 years.  Which puts most of us in the grandma age bracket.
These ladies came up front to receive our thanks for organizing this luncheon and I snapped the photo as the boss (guy who I think owns the place and is the maker of the special brewery in the basement) was leaving.  Everyone received a free drink (I had a grapefruit) but most chose the unique beer that this place is famous for.  Seconds were sold.  The food was actually pretty good.  Even the vegetarian dish was quite nice.  But I actually go for fellowship more than food and to find a place that we can just take over and not be put on display for other customers or disrupt them is quite a task.
As you can see we filled up the place!

No comments: