Wednesday, January 16, 2008


The icecycles were just beautiful.  We love this little minshiku with its lovely little lady and her family who run it.  I first visited this place 34 years ago with my students before I met my DH.  My student who took me there was told by her, "NO FOREIGNERS!"  But he convinced her that I was different.  Yes, we became good friends and she even made special veggie food for me.  Then after marriage, my husband, my parents and I all went skiing and stayed there on our honeymoon!  Now we try to get up about once a year.  My sons say it is worth going there if only for the food.  My only complaint is that I have to use the man's toilet as I refuse to use the Japanese squat style and that is all that is in the ladies section.  I warn all men that I am using the sit down toilet in their section, but will wait until no slippers are visible outside the door.  In Japan you change the daily house slipper for special toilet slippers.

No comments: