Monday, May 18, 2009

Rumung and Mary Goodbye

Here you see Andy's head in the boat and we are leaving Rumung and Mary standing waiving goodbye.  
Jordan translating for Mary and I.  I asked her how many grandchildren she had and she said she had too many she really didn't know!  Later I asked Jordan's mother her daughter how many brothers and sisters she had and she also didn't want to answer as it is so mixed up with so many different husbands.  Mary is such a sweet dear lady who has helped so many people on the island of Rumung.  Her husband who we knew died last year and now she is living and helping another old man on the island.  
Below I'm hugging Mary goodbye and behind her are other Rumung island natives.  Maybe they are grandchildren too?  This island is so rich in love and beauty...you can't buy that with money...only love in return.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Mary Goodbye, I see that you went to Rumung and visited my Family and took some pictures of my Mom and Nephew. Those are awsome pictures and if you don't mind I would like to have some of those pictures in my face book. Especially my Moms' pictures. I live in South San Francisco CA. Thank you Mary