Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Japan/USA

Nice to see the flags of my 2 countries flying together. This was at the Ikego entrance near Yukosuka. Ikego is the housing area of the Navy base and takes a special pass to get in
Was surprised to see the green algae like stuff I put into my fish pools bloom! Only lasted a day and now they are gone.
Our USA/Japanese mixed blood children are so precious. This little chap reminded me of years ago when my children were little. One problem I heard our children might face is that if they get leukemia they have an ice cubes chance in hell to find a donor. My son is considering spending the amount of money necessary to preserve part of their babies embilical cord that would give them the chance to donate to themselves.

3 comments:

anchan said...

I didn't know that anking the chord could serve this purpose... ah well, too late for us now.

Brenda said...

We face this issue as well, having mixed-race children. We banked Ethan's cord blood; a little pricey, but provides a great sense of peace and security. We could also use it for his siblings if needed.

Viki in Chiba said...

Yes, wonder if it is worth it, but if my granddaughter gets leukemia, it would sure be worth it. Modern science is such a wonder. BUt then also what if in the future they come up with some other more acceptable treatment and the chord would be thrown out? Oh, well we do what we think is best.

Anchan you just have to have another baby and save that ones chord!