Saturday, June 6, 2009

Baked Squash


Yummy squash?  Most people really don't like squash.  But I figured out how to make a yummy baked main dish for us vegetarians.  Doesn't look that good, but really it is delicious.
Below is how it looked going into the oven, and above is how it looked coming out.  Takes about 1 and half hours in the oven.  My oven has no control so can't say the temperature.

These were the ingredients.  Took a bowl and put in whipu (like cream) a bit of olive oil, black pepper, spoon of brewers yeast (stuff in the bowl) and mushroom flavoring powder.  This made a seasoning cream to pour over the layers of veggies stuffed into the squash halves.  I used onion, mushrooms, carrot, red pepper, egg plant...but almost any veggie would work.  I then added a bit of grated sharp cheese, but sometimes I don't and it is still good.

4 comments:

anchan said...

This looks wonderful! I will definitely be trying this one out - thanks!

Viki in Chiba said...

Sure, let me know how you like it. Don't be skimpy on the seasoning.

Helen said...

Do you ever find spaghetti squash? I found some last year and was thrilled. I even got hubby to like it. It's fun to eat too.

Viki in Chiba said...

I've heard of it, but never tried it. Just the idea of spaghetti and squash don't mix in my mind.