Thursday, April 9, 2009

clearing customs

This is how they bring the checked in luggage to the terminal.  Below Andy and I are waiting to go by the final check.  Note the flowers around our necks.  These were given to us by young Yapese teenagers as we cleared the immigration desk.
Below you can see what is another natural animal of Yap.  Dogs are everywhere.  Not dangerous  noisy ones but little quiet skinny things that are too wild to pet, yet too tame to run away.  Maybe they are the natural garbage collectors for the beach and yards?  They seem to leave the chickens alone.  I only saw one cat--maybe they like them better.

1 comment:

kanelakenken said...

Nice picture of you and Andy! I'm always checking out your blog, but it's my first time to comment. Thanks for writing everything that you do and posting pictures. Their nice little escapes for me :) We love and miss you Viki!!! I'm glad you and your family have such a good time in Yap :)