Monday, September 1, 2008

Quilting again

Remember before when I asked advice about my quilting for my son's spread.  Well, here it is finished and on their bed.  It was alot of work but  I did finish before having to return to Japan
After returning I finished up these other two--which will probaby be Kotastu covers.  The pink one is going to Koji and Katsura and the bottom one is still waiting for a home.  Now to go find a sheet that matches for the backing and trim.  Next project is working on my own spread which must be lavendar mix and star pattern.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

These are awesome Viki!

Viki in Chiba said...

I enjoy, but to find the backing in Japan is kind of expensive...Shimamura futon covers are about 1,200 yen and will have to be cut to fit!

jan in nagasaki said...

hi viki, I saw you on MIJ and came over to see your quilts. They are beautiful!!! I find my backings at garage sales... I buy sheets or anything large when ever I find one (for like one hundred yen) and then use that. I also sometimes use two or three large pieces sewn together.... I am a very frugal quilter.

Viki in Chiba said...

Welcome Jan. I am also frugal and bought alot of new pieces this summer at garage sales and rummage sales in USA. However in Japan I haven't found anything offering new material, except material shops remainents and they are quite dinky. My mom was a quilter who would use old material and used sheets on the back and her quilts were always kind of shall I say used looking! So I try to keep a solid back new sheet. When I spend such a lot of time I want the result to be worth it. I found some gorgeous futon covers at Shimamura that are quite reasonable if on sale.