Thursday, April 10, 2008

Church in Kobe

This was Pathfinder day when the new children joining Pathfinder Club(church's own club for kids like Boy Scouts) are given the oath and scarf.  DIL's father was the leader and has his back to the camera as he puts on a scarf.
Surprise's were in the air as the Watanabe family showed up.  He was one of the first guys I met in Japan 34 years ago.  He was the registrar for the college and I was always coming into the office to bug him.  Now he is a teacher in the Hiroshima SDA High School. He taught both my sons when they went there so we have kept in touch.   His son just graduated from university and is working at Hitachi.  Daughter also finished nurses school and is going to work at the Kobe SDA Hospital.  That was why they were there this Sabbath.
Here the Pathfinder club pose outside the church.
Below is the family photo of a girl who came up to me with a baby in her arms and asked, "Do you remember me?  I'm Mika Y."  Of course I remembered her as she grew up with my sons and went to the same school all her life.  She was a year ahead of my oldest son and her husband was 3 years ahead in high school so was unknown to me and my sons.  They are living in Kobe now.

1 comment:

arosebyanyothername said...

hi. im an SDA too! this is so cool! im planning on going to college in Japan to international christian univ. nice to know japan has more sda churches. i only knew of the one in yokohama. oh and im a pathfinder too.