Sunday, March 28, 2010

Reiko's photos showing in Shinjuku

Reiko Shibata spent 4 years traveling all over Japan and photographing women from many countries who are making their lives in Japan with Japanese husbands. Above is a British friend who lives in Kyushu and yes she is a priest.
I am on the top right and just below me is another British friend who lives in Hokkaido.
Left is a Korean lady who lives near us and we called her over to our place for the photo shoot. Top left on double row is my dear friend who has left Japan.
This is my friend of 34 years who visited the showing with me. We met in California when Jack was a student there and I was teaching Japanese housewives.
Here I pose with Reiko. Above is my photo and below is my Hokkaido friend again.

2 comments:

Vicky said...

That's ME!!

Thank you for posting these. There is no way I could go to see the exhibition so thank you thank you thank you!

It was fun having Reiko to stay and getting my photo taken.

Viki in Chiba said...

Yes, it was fun. I think the book is lovely too as it shows even more than she could put up on the wall. She was surprised at how many of us I recognized.