Monday, January 25, 2010

Victorian Christmas tree

Since Nami would be having her first hands-on Christmas I decided to make the Christmas tree one she could touch and enjoy. I found a delightful book at a recycle shop on home-made Christmas decorations and tried to copy the style of the Victorian Tree. I added lace to my old gold balls and made some decorations then added some of my beanie bears and buddies at the base to cover the stand. Well not when Nami decided they were hers to hug.
She was excited with the tree and loved to discover each different aspect.
A close up and with the lights on the tree on and the room lights off.
The tree topper was fun to make. It is a styrofoam ball with plastic flowers poked into it and ribbon streamers falling down the tree (this keeps the ball in place too.)
Nami's favorite things though were the bears. Thanks to TY and my old collection, my granddaughters will have bears to play with for years!

No comments: