Saturday, June 21, 2008

Bird bath

This is the bird bath I made.  The idea had a start in March when I invisioned using my husband's broken ceramic works to decorate the wall in front of our house.  However, he thought it would look too cheap.  Well I decided totry it on the back entrance which is small and not visible to public.  I found it wasn't as easy as I thought!  It wouldn't stick on the side part!  So I scraped it off and gave up. That week when I went to Costco with my friends one of them almost bought a fountain as she wanted a bird bath.  It told her she could make one and then I got this idea.  I had noticed outside the back door this old cement sink with 2 holes in the bottom.   I bought a screw drain with a screw plug and  went to work.  Inside the circle (which is not cemented in and can be lifted out) is the drain.  Since it is so hard to do edges, I decided to just paint the outside. On the one corner I cemented in a plate to put seeds on to feed the birds.   Now to wait and see if the birds come?

No comments: